By managing high-quality training programmes and promoting apprenticeships, we help you future-proof your workforce and offer professional development that positions you as an employer of choice.
Aluminium Ambassador Programme
The Aluminium Ambassador Programme will establish industry role models drawn from member companies to engage directly with students and teachers, inspiring the next generation by showcasing the aluminium industry as an attractive career path.
In partnership with the Bloodhound Education charity and their established programme, Aluminium ambassadors will be industry role models, trained and equipped to engage directly with students, teachers and parents in education and community settings. This will range from careers talks to hands-on Aluminium related activities, designed to bring the curriculum to life and make the link between the classroom and careers. They will promote positive images of the industry, bring complex and innovative technologies to life, and reach a wider and more diverse audience.
“The ALFED Aluminium ambassador programme is a great opportunity for the UK aluminium sector to establish industry role models to support education and training for students, parents and teachers, promoting the benefits of a career in a leading sustainable industry and to ensure the future succession of skilled staff.” Tom Jones, ALFED CEO.
It will provide opportunities for both new and experienced engineers to develop presentation and communication skills, and help apprentices meet the broader knowledge skills and behaviours in the apprenticeship standards.
Ambassadors will provide creative public engagement, ALFED member networking opportunities, sharing of good practice across the sector groups and coordinated and continued engagement partnerships. All ambassadors will keep a log of outreach engagement and this data will be collated and reported to ALFED to show the reach and impact of activities.
What we ask of you and what you can expect from us
Ambassadors play a vital role in inspiring the next generation of scientists, technologists, engineers, and mathematicians. As Aluminium ambassadors you will be able to share your own experiences and examples from across the Aluminium industry to bring it to life and contextualising what things mean so that they can be understood by your audience.
As an Aluminium Ambassador, you can expect:
- Training and guidance on in delivering presentations and activities in schools, colleges.
- A bespoke Aluminium ambassador presentation with notes.
- Access to exciting, hands-on Aluminium themed activities and resources.
- Support contacting local schools and colleges in your area.
- Guidance and support to run events independently in your area.
- Professional development record of hours and certificate
In return, we ask that you:
- Attend Ambassador training as per the schedule distributed to registered participants.
- Engage in at least 2 events per year (this could be a presentation, careers talk, workshop)
- Let us know when you undertake events so we can evidence your outreach work.
- Share your own industry experiences and knowledge to further enhance activities.
- Share feedback and photos which we can use to evidence Aluminium Ambassador outreach activities.
Times and places
Most workshops and presentations take place in education settings, Monday – Friday during school terms and within school hours. A typical day runs from 08.30 am – 3.30pm. Occasionally they may be held at a public event which may be at a weekend. You may also wish to reach out to after school clubs or uniformed groups (guides, cadets etc.) from 5-8pm.