Our new H&S courses are now available. These courses are all CPD accredited and certified by various accrediting agencies, including iirsm, The CPD Certification Service and ILM.
All of these courses are fully online and the course material will be available to the candidate for one year after the completion of the certification period.
The courses will include:
- Asbestos Awareness (RoSPA & IATP Approved): As well as informing you about the risks of working with asbestos, the course will deliver a lot more information about: Recognising asbestos, where it’s used, minimising the risks and the legislation about working with asbestos.
- Manual Handling (CPD Approved): This course outlines exactly what constitutes manual handling and covers the regulations and legislation that apply to manual handling tasks.
- Basic Fire Safety Awareness (RoSPA, IFE & CPD Approved): This course explains, in brief, why fires occur and what actions you must take to help prevent them starting and the actions you must take when they do. By completing this course you will be making your workplace a safer environment.
- Fire Marshal (RoSPA & CPD Approved): The main outcome of this training course is to provide you with the knowledge to carry out the functions of a fire marshal.
- Fire Extinguisher Safety (RoSPA & CPD Approved): Learn how to identify the different types of fire extinguishers that might be installed within your workplace and what situations they might be used in.
- Abrasive Wheels (IIRSM Approved): This course is aimed at anyone who uses abrasive wheels, or employs people who use abrasive wheels as part of their work. It covers different types of abrasive wheel, safety in their use and how to identify the type of wheel.
- Working at Height (RoSPA Approved): This course is aimed at anyone who undertakes work at height, or who employs people who regularly work at height. It covers what constitutes work at height, the safety issues, and how to assess and reduce some of the risks.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) (IIRSM Approved): This course covers what you need to know about the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health.
- Working Safely (RoSPA & IIRSM Approved): Working safely is in the interest and concern of all staff – both the employers and employees. Workers have an expectation to go home at the end of the working day not having been injured.
- Emergency First Aid at Work – Refresher: This Emergency First Aid Refresher course will highlight some of the most common situations that you might come across and the actions that you can take to help.
- Workplace Health and Safety (IIRSM Approved): At the end of this course you will have an understanding of health and safety legislation and you’ll be able to list common causes of accidents. You’ll also be able to understand good practice in relation to electricity….
- Working in Confined Space (IIRSM Approved): This course will cover the legislation associated with working in confined spaces. What constitutes a confined space, the potential hazards, safe operating procedures, and emergency procedures and rescue.
- Introduction to Risk Assessment (IIRSM Approved): At the end of this course, candidates will have an understanding of what a risk assessment is and how to complete one. To achieve this the course will define important terms, provide some basic background information to explain how important risk assessments are and discuss some of the legislation that applies.
- Electrical Safety (IIRSM Approved): This course will start by covering the many benefits electricity brings to society, as well as its key components voltage, current and resistance. It will explain the two main types of electricity, cover UK accident and death statistics, and describe a simple way of remembering the electrical hazards.
- Slips, Trips and Falls (IIRSM Approved): This course will introduce you to some of the statistics relating to slips, trips and falls and dispel some of the myths surrounding them.
- Noise Awareness (IIRSM Approved): This course will show you how dangerous noise can be in the workplace, and the main safety issues you should be aware of. It will take you through some of the simple science, the main laws that apply and introduce you to noise level limits.
- Risk Assessment: At the end of this course, candidates will have an understanding of what a risk assessment is and how to complete one. To achieve this the course will define important terms, provide some basic background information to explain how important risk assessments are and discuss some of the legislation that applies.
- Personal Safety for Lone Workers: This course acts as an introduction to personal safety for lone workers and applies to those that work alone within business premises, mobile workers and homeworkers.
- Display Screen Equipment: This course is aimed at companies who employ users of display screen equipment, or DSE as it’s often called and is intended to be completed by those who will be assessing the DSE set ups of employees. DSE is a term that covers a wide range of equipment. If equipment like this is not set up correctly, users are at increased risk from certain disorders.
- Behavioural Safety: This course defines behavioural safety and explains the origins of the concept. It covers how it can be implemented in the workplace and some of the potential benefits.
Cost: prices start from £45+vat/person per course
More information and to book: Health and safety courses 2021
For any queries please contact our training and education manager, Kathy Romback. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org