In easy reach of the UK, France is the UK’s fourth-largest export market (ONS, 2019) and the world’s sixth-largest economy (World Bank, 2019). With a population of 64.7 million (IMF, 2019), a strong industrial base, and many large national businesses, France offers good export potential for UK businesses offering innovative, quality products…
Join us in this interactive webinar to hear about exciting opportunities and the support the Department for International Trade (DIT) can offer you in several key sectors:
- Aerospace: driven by Covid-19, France has taken unprecedented steps to support this flagship industry. While business conditions are challenging, there is strong momentum and support to modernise and upgrade production capabilities and supply chains, which could offer opportunities to British suppliers of the required capability.
- Hydrogen: with Europe’s financial support, the French National strategy published last year and the new French Hydrogen National Council, more French companies and municipalities are integrating hydrogen in their development plans. Learn how UK companies can make the most of this booming market.
- Automotive: badly impacted by Covid-19, the automotive industry is developing fast in an innovative and greener way. Hear about French government strategies and get an overview of the French automotive ecosystem.
- Rail: French rail is one of the busiest networks in the world, with 10 million daily passengers. Paris, Lyon and Toulouse are committed to strategic expansions – (combined investment £40 billion) – to connect their suburbs, bypassing inner-city traffic. The French Government is looking to overhaul its rail system, refocusing to optimise busy routes, creating the conditions for greater profitability, and opening SNCF (national railway company) to competition.
- Construction: The French Building and Construction industry is worth €148B turnover, offers growing opportunities in innovation, clean growth, energy saving techniques, smart city-related goods/services and prefab/renovation expertise. Major projects include the Grand Paris Express and Paris 2024 (Olympics).
When: 10 February 2021: 11:45 AM – 1:00 PM GMT
Register: French opportunities