Set in the heart of beautiful Shropshire countryside, Bridgnorth Aluminium Ltd is a leading producer of aluminium lithographic material for a global printing economy. As one of the most experienced and prestigious Companies in the world for aluminium production, we provide the highest level of product quality for our clients.
We are now recruiting for an experienced, hands on, highly knowledgeable Area Production Manager to help us maintain and develop the Hot Rolling and Strip Mill function for existing and future manufacture of our products.
About our processes:
Slabs are formed from raw aluminium ingot, or scrap metal generated from our downstream processes. These inputs are melted/remelted in our furnaces, transferred to our casting moulds to form rolling slabs.
Hot Mill/Strip Mill
After casting, slabs are processed on our hot mill, where they are rolled to form a thin strip. Surface cleanliness, and the material’s flatness are managed by sophisticated control systems.
Once the hot rolling stage is complete, the aluminium strip is wound into a coil.
The aluminium is transported from the Strip Mill to Cold Rolling where it is unwound and rolled to final gauge.
Aluminium coils are trimmed to the correct width, stretched/levelled and degreased to remove residual rolling oils.
Two slitting lines enable us to produce narrower width material for our transformer winding, heat shield and foil stock products
Packing and Logistics
Coils are visually inspected and the dimensional accuracy is checked, they are then packaged and loaded into external logistics transport for shipping to customers.
The Area Production Manager will have full responsibility for managing the daily operations of the Hot Mill, Strip Mill and Slitting departments. The job holder will provide leadership to a cell team and the area’s Section Leaders and Operators, in order to uphold departmental objectives. They will be responsible for achieving the overall goals and plans for the company by developing the skills and capabilities of the department, consistent with the requirement for flexibility, optimum effectiveness, and continuous improvement.
Main tasks will include management of:
Health, Safety and Environmental Protection;
-Ensuring full departmental compliance with H&S and Environmental policies and best safety practice
-Preparing all appropriate risk assessments, operating procedures and other H&S and Environmental documentation relating to the operating areas
-Ensuring environmental and energy compliance in line with external agencies and Company requirements
-Achieving output, quality and production targets, facilitating process control and continuous improvement activities
-Managing available capacity and cost within departmental budgets; identifying areas for improvement
Product and Process Development;
-Assisting the technical and process control staff in development activities including product trial management and evaluation
-Identifying and developing process control measures, allocating resources to carry out any agreed project work
-Regular review of standard product checks/sampling data within the cell
-Ensuring manning and skills are in place and deployed effectively
-Ensuring training needs for all employees in department are identified and recorded; preparing and maintaining skills analysis
-Ensuring adequate and cost efficient absence cover and holiday planning
-Responsible for first line application of discipline procedures and recruitment processes for the department
-Providing regular constructive feedback on performance to direct reporting employees
The successful candidate must have:
- Demonstrable experience of man management within a similar role with significant supervisory experience
- Relevant experience and knowledge in hot-rolling processes
- Proven record of successful problem solving, cross-functional team building, planning and decision making
- Knowledge of process control, engineering, and lean manufacturing principles
- The ability to understand complex technical issues and interactions of processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to write clear and concise reports, policies, procedures etc.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and other business systems
The ideal candidate will have:
- A focused, target driven approach with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- The motivation and drive to positively inspire others
- The ability to take ownership of team cohesion and development
- A confident, well-rounded approach
- A relevant manufacturing/engineering/business degree
- Knowledge of OHSAS 18001 and ISO 9001 and 14001 requirements
What we can offer you:
- A competitive remuneration package negotiable dependent on experience
- Annual management bonus dependent on agreed KPIs
- Flexi-time working hours (36.25 hours per week)
- 33 days’ holiday per annum (including bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Cash Plan for reclaiming medical costs
- Company phone
- Annual Service Bonus (guaranteed)
- Monthly Company performance bonuses (not guaranteed)
- Structured training and development programmes
- Relocation assistance if required
Expiry Date: 31/03/2019
Contact Alice Lacey on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01746 788248