Set in the heart of beautiful Shropshire countryside, Bridgnorth Aluminium Ltd is a leading producer of aluminium lithographic material for a global printing economy. As one of the most experienced and prestigious Companies in the world for aluminium production, we provide the highest level of product quality for our clients.
We are now recruiting for an experienced, hands on, highly knowledgeable Health & Safety Manager to help us maintain and develop our H&S function.
The Health and Safety Manager will report into the Managing Director; they will ensure compliance to Health and Safety legislation, enabling safe and efficient working practices.
They are responsible for the Health and Safety agenda of the Company and will act as the first port of call for all Health and Safety related advice and activities. The Health and Safety Officer will report into them.
Main tasks will include:
• Maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments
• Implementing and instilling a companywide vision of best practice in relation to all aspects of Health and Safety
• Working with departmental managers in the development and maintenance of Safe Operating Procedures for all Company processes; ensuring compliance and maintenance of associated records
• Carrying out regular site inspections and audits, ensuring policies and procedures are being properly implemented and keeping records of inspection findings
• Producing informational reports and developing improvement strategies relating to inspection findings
• Co-ordinating, chairing and participating in various internal and external H&S Committees/Working Groups
• Ensuring that the H&S Officer is fulfilling their role and adding value
The successful candidate will need:
• An interest in and knowledge of H&S law with the ability to understand regulations
• The ability to be patient, tactful and diplomatic; fostering a collaborative approach within the department and across the site
• The ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately
• Experience of creating reports and presentations
• Problem solving and root cause identification skills
• Auditing skills, ideally with professional auditing training
• Ideally educated to degree level or with demonstrable equivalent experience
• Must have experience of working in a manufacturing or engineering environment
• Awareness and prior experience of working within The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
• Recognised NEBOSH accreditation
• Awareness of ISO Accreditations, ideally with relevant training
The ideal candidate would be:
• A confident and persuasive Senior professional, with the ability to be the expert on H&S within the Company
• A personable character with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the business
• A proactive, ‘can-do’ personality with the drive to ‘get the job done’.
• Able to balance the strategic, high level H&S function with the day-to-day processes required
Expiry date: 07/01/2019
1st Interviews to take place: 11/01/2019
Contact Alice Lacey at email@example.com or 01746 788248