WHO IS IT FOR?
Our essential leadership courses are designed for those taking their first steps into managing or have been managing for some time and would benefit from necessary knowledge, skills and behaviours to be effective in their role.
All our courses can be taken individually or as part of a programme depending on experience.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
To examine the purpose of business and what your particular business is looking to achieve and deliver. Recognise the changed role, purpose and requirements when transitioning from operator/worker through to manager/supervisor.
Develop skills, knowledge and behaviours that will enable immediate improvements to individual and organisational management performance.
Finally create an action plan to deliver changes to your management approach, style and influence.
- You as a manager
- The elements of management
- The role and functions of management
- The core skills required
- Manager versus leader
- Implications for managers, other challenges current and future
- Where are you in the industry, getting a handle on the ‘job to be done’
- Understanding organisational structures
- Identifying with the main business functions and challenges
- Understanding the market and competition
BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Where can you go and how to get there!
- Other challenges now and in the future
- Identifying your learning – to take it forward
Course duration 2 days
*Please note: Includes course notes, lunch and refreshments