The Export Academy from the Department for International Trade will help you grow your business by showing you how to sell to new customers around the world.
The course is free, and you’ll learn directly from experts in international trade who are on hand to provide support across a range of sectors and businesses, from selling children’s clothes to Spain, to providing PR services for clients in the US.
The programme is designed for owners and senior managers of businesses with a turnover of up to £500,000 and are located in either:
- East of England
Out of region?
If your business is not located in these areas, please contact your local DIT office to find out more about their own Export Academy events. You can find your regional trade office here.
What does the programme include?
You will graduate from the programme with a completed export action plan, enabling you to take your business direct to international customers. This plan will be the culmination of everything you have learnt on the programme, from online events including:
- Round tables
- Mentoring sessions
The workshop modules are as follows:
- Module 1: Understanding the Benefits & Barriers of Export – 5 May 2021
- Module 2: International Market Research – 7 May 2021
- Module 3: Export Procedures – 11 May 2021
- Module 4: Routes to Market – 12 May 2021
- Module 5: Pricing Strategy – 14 May 2021
- Module 6: Understanding International Commercial Terms – 17 May 2021
- Module 7: Selling Services Overseas (Part1) – 19 May 2021
- Module 8: Understanding Custom Procedures, Tariffs and Export Controls – 24 May 2021
- Module 9: Selling Services Overseas (Part 2) – 25 May 2021
- Module 10: Movement of Money (Getting Paid) – 26 May 2021
Step 1: Apply for any of our Export Academy events via the register button below
Step 2: Complete sign up questions and short questionnaire
Step 3: Eligible* applications will be notified, and event details will be provided via email
Please note this event is only open to registered businesses based in the Midlands or East of England with a product or service that they are interested in selling internationally. You may be contacted prior to the event to assess eligibility.