European Aluminium are pleased to announce that registration for the Safety Workshop 2019, focused on the prevention of fatalities and high-risk incidents, is now officially open.
Please click here to register directly. This year’s edition will take place on Wednesday 12 June (p.m.) and Thursday 13 June (full day) 2019, at Thon hotel Bristol Stephanie in Brussels.
If you wish to stay at the venue of the meeting, block reservations have been made for you at the Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie. Please click here to book your accommodation at discounted rates. There are other hotels in the area near the hotel, in case you wish to book elsewhere.
The main topics covered by the workshop are as follows;
- Introduction and safety status
- Examples of fatalities/high risk incidents
- Shifting the focus to the prevention of serious incidents
- Development of a safety culture
- Tools for the practical prevention of incidents
- Safety approaches from member companies
- Conclusion and Safety Awards
Covered themed include;
- European and global safety status in the aluminium industry
- Assessment and discussion on real fatalities/high-risk incidents occurred in the sector
- Contributions and perspectives from IAI, other aluminium regions and other industrial sectors
European Aluminium are working on fine-tuning the programme and getting the most relevant speakers, both at European and international level, and will be posting programme updates regularly.