WHO IS IT FOR?
Our essential leadership courses are designed for those taking their first steps into managing or have been managing for some time and would benefit from necessary knowledge, skills and behaviours to be effective in their role.
All our courses can be taken individually or as part of a programme depending on experience.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Develop the core knowledge, skills and behaviours to undertake their role with increased confidence and competence.
We look at the difference between managing and leading. What the key skills that make an outstanding manager.
- Managing through people
- Building a team
- What is the right team balance?
- Effective communication, delegation and motivation
- Managing conflict
- Performance and development through effective feedback, conversations & coaching
- What is management and what is leadership?
- Leadership behaviour and leadership effectiveness
- Recognising and applying different thinking and application
BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER
- The learning cycle and learning styles
- The importance of reflection – from theory to practice
- Your management and leadership priorities action plan….
Course duration 2 days
*Please note: Includes course notes, lunch and refreshments
Contact ALFED on 0330 236 2800 for dates and further details.