The Annual Dinner & ASA Dutch Party and Business Briefing is a highlight in the ALFED calendar – and this year more than ever we will appreciate the opportunity to reconnect once again with industry colleagues and friends. The last dinner in 2019 was attended by about 200 aluminium industry professionals offering an excellent networking opportunity.
Guest speaker: Our after-dinner speaker this year will be Matt Dawson, MBE. Matt’s early career was spent as a successful international rugby player, playing for the Northampton Saints and London Wasps between 1991 and 2006. Matt toured three times with the British and Irish Lions as well as being part of England’s 2003 Rugby World Cup winning side. Since retiring from Rugby, he has forged a successful career in television and media which continues to play an important role in his life whilst also making a successful transition into the corporate world.
Venue: The dinner will be held at the at the superb De Vere Tortworth Court. Situated just north of Bristol and easily accessible from the motorway, Tortworth Court is a historic hotel in stunning surroundings – a place where a centuries-old story meets an exceptionally modern experience.
Business Briefing: A programme of industry speakers offering new insights on transformation, innovation and strategy in our current climate.
- Welcome – Clive Bush, ALFED President, Aluminium Federation
- Aluminium market overview – Paul Williams, Head of Aluminium, CRU Group
- Global outlook – Anissa Chabib, Economics, CRU Group
- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) update – Speaker to be confirmed, BEIS
- The view from Europe – Dr Gerd Gotz, Director General, European Aluminium
- Aluminium Stewardship Initiative update – Chris Bayliss, Director of Standards, Aluminium Stewardship Initiative
11.00 Arrival & Networking, Business Briefing & Lunch
18.30 Welcome Reception
Dress code: Black tie
Sponsorship opportunities: This event provides a variety of sponsorship opportunities for you to raise your company’s profile within the aluminium industry. Sponsorship packages range from £500 to £5,000 to suit your budget: ALFED Dinner & ASA Dutch Party and Business Briefing sponsorship opportunities
- Business Briefing: Free to attend, this event is open to ALFED members and those who are also attending the dinner in the evening: Reserve your place
- Dinner and B&B (single occupancy): £299+vat per person. Please note: if you would like to reserve a double occupancy room (ie two persons), you will be required to reserve an additional dinner ticket at £190+vat: please email email@example.com. Booking terms and conditions
Enquiries: Telephone: 0330 236 2800 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s what some members said about the last dinner:
“I think the night went well and the view was spectacular!” Helen Williams, Real Alloy
“Just a quick ‘Well done!’ for hosting a wonderful event! The daytime speakers were excellent and the whole day was very well organised. The evening was brilliant.” Spencer Melia, Aluminium Shapes