The risk of catching coronavirus (COVID-19) in workplaces is currently low. However, we have a duty to protect the health and safety of our staff (and visitors) and to safeguard the smooth running of our business, so all measures should be taken to prevent and restrict the spread of the virus.
We are currently asking all our staff and visitors to follow some simple guidelines as we look to minimise our exposure to Coronavirus whilst at work:
- Please wash your hands with soap and hot water upon first entering the building. If that is not practicable please use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and hot water whilst you are here.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue (and then dispose of it) or, failing that, into your sleeve – not into your hands.
- Minimise contact – for example dispensing with handshakes for the time being.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fit and well to attend a meeting or event.
ALFED are putting in place options for virtual participation, i.e. video conferencing, etc.
Many thanks and hopefully we will all soon be back to more normal circumstances.
04 March 2020