The first of a two-part webinar series hosted by Jerome Lucaes, CEO of Fast Forward Zero, ALFED members are guided through the fundamental learnings of climate science, key principles of a Net Zero standard and establishing governance.
The aluminium industry is a vital part of the UK manufacturing sector and an essential component of the modern UK economy, which will play a key role in the UK’s transition to a more sustainable future.
But what is the reality behind Net Zero? What are you doing within your business to develop a sustainable strategy and is it in-line with the bigger milestones?
Leveraging over 25 years of experience, Jerome is working to develop relevant and applicable solutions that inspire sustainable transformations to leverage unique competitive advantages.
This first session focussed on:
- Definitions – greenhouse gases, scopes, LCA- Estimated vs actual emissions
- Corporate accounting – product accounting – the 3 Scopes of Carbon Accounting
- What Net Zero Carbon means for a business
- The key principles of the Net Zero standard of the SBTi
- Low carbon aluminium in the aluminium sector – current offerings and limitations
In case you missed anything, the video recording is now available here: Part 1 Video Recording
You can also view all of the slides from the presentation here: Part 1 Slides
If you have any other questions for Jerome, please feel free to contact him directly:
The ALFED Team
Tel: 0330 236 2800