The Aluminium Federation (ALFED) is the trade association that represents the interests of companies in the UK aluminium industry.
Based in West Bromwich near Junction 1 of the M5, the Aluminium Federation provides technical support, links the aluminium industry with its many stakeholders, works to expand the market for aluminium products in the UK, and promotes the interests of its members. See alfed.org.uk for more details.
The Aluminium Federation is involved with an increasing range of training, educational and development initiatives, including:
• Aluminium industry training
• Technical training
• Aluminium D&T Challenge for secondary schools
• Outward Bound Trust leadership development
• University lectures
• Internships with member companies
The Aluminium Federation has now created a new, permanent position to co-ordinate this growing activity. The successful applicant will have effective organisational skills, be confident, outgoing, be excellent communicator and able to work largely on their own within a small team. This is a graduate level role with a preference for an engineering, materials or automotive related degree, but other disciplines will be considered.
The applicant will become familiar with all aspects of aluminium and the UK aluminium industry, with a focus on manufacturing and metals technology. The position will be office based, but some travel within the UK will be required.
As the applicant will be required to interact with students of all ages, from primary school to postgraduate, a Disclosure Check, formerly known as a CRB check, will be carried out.
Responsibilities of the post holder will include:
• Liaise with schools, universities and professional bodies to create and develop interest in careers in the aluminium industry
• Identify members’ training and development needs at all levels
• Coordinate the aluminium industry apprentice scheme, organise work experience and intern placements
• Help to plan and design training packages
• Produce materials needed for training
• Working with training providers to develop suitable content
• Organise, plan and set up training events, courses, seminars and conferences
• Participate in delivering training
The initial salary will be in the range £18k to £23k
Please email your CV to Margaret Lane (email@example.com), together with a covering letter.